Our client is a national industrial distributor, specializing in hoses, gaskets, belts, conveyors, fasteners and other industrial components from 2,100 vendors for the agricultural, oil & gas, and manufacturing markets. The company has been around for 90 years and is continually growing. They are in need of a Regional Manager for the State of California, overseeing their 4 branches in Central California. As Regional Manager, you will partner with the branch managers to forecast and plan, make staffing and sales territory decisions, be heavily involved in the sales process and strategy including joint sales calls with the Outside Sales Representatives, and management of operations at a strategic level. You will be the highest point of contact for customers and vendors in the state. You will have experience in sales, an understanding of operations and P&L, and multi-site management. Also highly valued will be a candidate with knowledge of fabrication of hoses, gaskets, and fittings.
- 5 plus years related distribution experience and/or training; or Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial sales and markets.
- Multi-site management of sales and/or operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Strong team development, leadership, presentation, and decision-making abilities.