Our client is a globally dominant industrial distributor, they are very focused on technical support and pride themselves on having sales reps who can not only sell the product; but know how the product works and can provide solutions to clients. The company has been around for over 75 years and is continually growing. The primary products they sell are fasteners, gaskets, custom hose fabrication, and belts from over 2,100 manufacturers.
Our client has tasked us to find an Outside Sales Representative for their St. Louis, MO branch. The successful candidate will be responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts in the region. Focused on Industrial customers including mining, OEMs, oil and gas and aggregate.
- Sell company services and products to current and potential clients.
- Follow up and develop new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Work effectively with Inside Sales staff.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows.
- Follow-up for collection of payment.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
- 5 plus years related experience and/or training; or Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of industrial sales and mining supply industry preferred.
- Must be able to successfully function in a fast paced, high volume environment in an industrial setting as well as at customer sites.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.